Policies & Procedures
Travel Info New!
All You Need Is
Not Later Than
Preparation: Fri. & Sat. Feb. 3 & 4
Shows: Sat. Feb. 4th at 7:30 p.m.
Cast: adults, teens, and children, 9th grade and older
The first-annual VTG ten-minute play project in 2010
The second-annual VTG ten-minute play project in 2011
7:00 pm All participants bring 1 prop and will meet at VTG for introductions and orientation. Playwrights draw from a hat to randomly select Directors. Directors draw from a hat to randomly select Actors. Actors draw from a hat to randomly select the prop/costumes to be incorporated into the play. Actors are then released and Playwrights go home to begin writing.
8:00pm Writers write plays
9:00 am Playwrights arrive with 5 copies of their finished scripts and draw for performance order. If you are unable to provide 5 copies, please let VTG know so that arrangements can be made. Playwrights meet with Directors and Actors for a first read-thru of the scripts. Rehearsals begin at Hawkins Church.
6:00 pm All participants gather at VTG for further rehearsals and a tech-through of each play. Directors will provide a copy of the script with any light cues needed for the Light Board Operator.
7:00 pm Call for all participants, all shows
7:30 pm Curtain up!!!
1. Writers. Writers get ~12 hours to write a ten-minute play for the assigned cast and props. Writers will each select one director by lot. The VTG will not be available for writing. Each play must include 2 Shakespeare quotes and the writers will inform VTG the quote and name of play Saturday Morning.. Writers will avoid foul language and strong sexual references in their scripts.
2. Directors. Directors get ~12 hours to rehearse the play. Directors will select their cast by lot.
3. Cast. Cast members must be in the 9th grade or older.
4. Props. Each participant must bring one prop for the shows. Props will be selected by lot. Additional props may be provided by the director/cast.
5. Sets. The stage will be empty. A table and three chairs will be provided backstage. Any other set pieces used should require minimal (<5min.) set-up. Standard stage lighting will be used. Any special lighting (strobe effects etc.) must be handled by the director/cast and require minimal set-up. Any sound effects must be provided by the director/cast.
6. Selecting a Winner. Audience will vote on best show.
7. Rehearsals. Rehearsing will take place at Hawkins Church, not at VTG.
8. Preferences. VTG will try to assign participants as writers, directors or cast based on their preferences.
Back to VTG home page